Thursday, December 31, 2009

I’m fed up with my system admin - suggest me some educational material so I could do his job

SkyHi @ Thursday, December 31, 2009

Man, there's plenty of material on this website to gather what you need as an incoming Linux admin:

I have mixed feelings about you coming into the field because you've had bad experiences with 'the other techs' not doing their jobs. I sure hope your expectations aren't too overwhelming for the regular tech folk... in any case, understanding system administration is going to help understand the work it takes to get things done. Hopefully it's just that you've had bad luck, and not that your expectations aren't unreasonable.

Good luck.




Reference: http://serverfault.com/questions/97592/im-fed-up-with-my-system-admin-suggest-me-some-educational-material-so-i-could