Saturday, June 26, 2010

Active X Warning on Cisco WVC210

SkyHi @ Saturday, June 26, 2010

Active X Warning on WVC210 - Can't install so can't 'view Video' - Help


Hi, I've installed my Linksys WVC210 and I can access it via the Web
(name.linksysnet.com:1024) from my Laptop at home, my PC at work even my
iPhone. I've tried to view my Cam on my travel laptop which has Win XP,
AV up to date, latest patches etc, but when I click on the Active X
bar, I get a message saying that' Windows has blocked this software
because it can't verify the Publisher'  - Unkown Publisher.  Seems that
the Digital Certificate expired on 7/11/2009. I can still access the Cam
from my existing laptop, iPhone etc.

I don't know how to
update this as the Linksys\Cisco site have no reference to this -  the
file it tries to install is Linksys210viewer.cab - anyone anyideas?


Solution:


Are you using IE 8?  Please let me know, as I just discovered this today.

Here is the workaround.

Click tools on the top, then Internet options. In the new window that opens, click the security tab on top. Then click the custom level button towards the bottom. In the new window, scroll down until you see ActiveX controls and plug-ins. Scroll down in this category until you find, Download unsigned ActiveX controls (Not Secure) Change from disabled to enabled. Click Ok on bottom then apply and ok on next windows.
Now click to view camera and install activeX.  once done go back and undo the security changes.  A 1 time process.


2.




You'll need to go here and download an executable file to
install the new key. Close your Browser, run the file and when you
reopen the Browser there will not be anymore error message.

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ImageList.x?relVer=1.0.0&mdfid=282414033&sftType=Internet+Camera+Firmware&optPlat=&nodecount=2&edesignator=null&modelName=Cisco+WVC210+Wireless-G+PTZ+Internet+Video+Camera+-+2-way+Audio&treeMdfId=280249565&treeName=Physical+Security+and+Building+Systems&modifmdfid=null&imname=&hybrid=Y&imst=N&lr=Y




REFERENCES
http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Cameras/Active-X-Warning-on-WVC210-Can-t-install-so-can-t-view-Video/m-p/270258